Cody Deaner sits down with current AEW star Shawn Spears (formerly known as WWE/NXT superstar Tye Dillinger). Cody and Shawn have been friends for over two decades. They sit down for a very personal conversation discussing their lives and lessons they've learned in their two different journeys in the wrestling business.
Shawn discusses a variety of things in Part 1 of this 2 part conversation, such as:
- how being a new dad has changed his perspective on his wrestling career and time in All Elite Wrestling
- when you start wrestling, you're signing up for the "maybes"
- the importance of having a source of happiness outside the wrestling business
- having a back up plan vs. putting all your eggs in one basket
- what his parents thought when he started wrestling school
- how Eric Young became his first true mentor in wrestling
- how life on the indies was not a "struggle" to him prior to his WWE tryout experience in 2006
This episode is brought to you Rest When Dead Clothing Company. Shop their entire collection at http://RestWhenDead.ca
Please consider donating toward Cody's current fundraising campaign for a young wrestling fan with a variety of medical needs over at "Giv'er for Conor" - GiveSendGo.com/giverforconor
Get access to a special BONUS STORY with Shawn Spears where he tells the behind the scenes story of how how learned he was in the 2017 WWE Royal Rumble and what that experience was truly like over at http://patreon.com/codydeaner